Forty five people work at the factory, including highly qualified specialists – microbiologists, veterinaries and technologies.
The implemented HAССP system identifies, and allows the control of, the occurrence of the main and specific hazards – biological, chemical and physics, i.e. the hazards that might adversely affect the safety of the food product. HAССP provides each manufacturer with the frame of a food safety production system and technologies that prove such foods have been manufactured in a safe manner. The system gives the manufacturer the opportunity to:
- Define and control potential hazards for food safety
- Processes monitoring
- Controls the production process by eliminating or limiting and reducing the controlled parameters to the statutory minimum and the harmfulness of food to fulfilling the statutory requirements for the respective type of food product.
Sakarela OOD owns advanced and modern production facilities meeting all requirements under the Bulgarian and European standards. Plant and equipment for yellow cheese production originate from Switzerland. The company’s qualified team ensures high quality products in order to make us able satisfying the most fastidious taste. The preservation of traditions in production of original Bulgarian dairy products with their authentic tastes and healthy characteristics is our mission. Today the company’s ambitions are to become better established as technological leader in the field of dairy industry in Bulgaria, and to this end:
- To maintain continuous high quality of manufactured products;Production Facilities
- To develop functional foods with healthy characteristics and to offer new products on the market in compliance with the consumer’s requirements
- Our main mission is to preserve and enrich the centuries old Bulgarian recipes in combination with advanced technologies and research. Thus we are trying to maintain and expand our strategic partnerships in the country and abroad through development and supply of dairy products, which correspond to the consumers’ requirements to the greatest extent. We, at Sakarela OOD undertake this task by ensuring satisfaction from our products – a source of health and energy.
- Quality is of major importance for our business development. This is why we take the obligation to input and ensure excellent quality in all we are doing in compliance with our long-term business strategy.
At the physic-chemical and microbiological laboratory at our factory trained specialists – physicians, chemists and engineers-technologists carry out the daily control on output raw materials and the end products. The raw milk’s quality is defined at acceptance laboratory by a specialist – laboratory assistant as per specific indicators, and then it is forwarded to the acceptance unit. Analyses for milk adulteration are performed – salt, sugar, bicarbonate sodium, caustic sodium and urea, as well as remaining amounts of β – lactamic and tetracycline antibiotics may be found in the milk.
The factory’s laboratory is equipped with high technology machines:
- Cryoscope – device for measuring the freezing point and defining the presence of water in the milk.
- Kern’s apparatus – it tests the water content of the finished products.
- Microscope – it is used for supervising the prepared ferment. The ferment is rather characterized with the bacteria it contains.
- HY – LITE apparatus – it is used to read the clearness of machines and working surfaces in the factory.
- МТ – 04 – high quality apparatus of new generation for measuring the quality of somatic cells. The total number of somatic cells (TNSC) is an indicator for the animals’ medical condition. Pursuant to Regulation 853 / 2004 of the European Council and the Parliament, TNSC should not exceed 400 000.